Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thankyou!!

There are truly wonderful people in this world! I had to get some stamps for some bills I was mailing. I went to 7-11 because I hate standing in line at the post office. I got me my diet coke and a treat for the kids and went to pay. When I swiped my debit card the lady said it was declined. So I tried it again because I was positive there was money in the account--five times later it is still saying declined. A man came up behind me right then and heard my problems and immidiatly pulled out $5.00 and said "here let me get it." I said no, I've got other ways to pay, but he insisted. I was in panic mode because of course my freak out self is immidiatly thinking IDENTITY THEFT and someone has stolen our life savings so I didn't even think that if he was going to insist on paying I could have at least put the candy and coke back and just had him get the stamps. No, I just start crying and thank him over and over again. Well, I ran to the bank, and yes our money is fine, I think it is just 7-11's card machine because it worked fine later at the gas pump, anyways, I know that man will probably not see this, as I don't even know his name, but just in case--I want to tell you thank you again!! It is nice to know that there really are genuinly kind people out there that are willing to buy a total stranger her stamps and junkfood. If I ever see you again I will return the favor!!

1 comment:

Ashley Bogard said...

Oh, I love hearing there is still good left in the world! What a nice guy, now just pay it forward.