Monday, October 5, 2009

Just a few things...

So first of all it's been 2 weeks since I started my diet and I have been so good! I have not cheated ONCE! I've eaten lettuce, and asparagus, and have done everything I am supposed to do. AND I'VE ONLY LOST 5.5 POUNDS!!! UGH!! I have lost inches though, don't ask me how that works. I tried on a pair of pants that I wore pre-Ethan and a few days ago I couldn't button them, now I am wearing them so I know it is doing something so YAY! Second, watching conference was awesome, one talk that stood out to me was Pres. Hollands talk/testimony of the Book of Mormon. All I can say is WOW! It brought tears to my eyes. I mean, I have a strong testimony of it also, but after hearing his testimony it made me realize that mine could be A LOT stronger. Anyone that has not read it or hasn't read it in awhile just try it! And third, and this is still making me mad- but yesterday I got a call from an out of area number saying that my debit card from (it named my bank) has been blocked for use at stores and ATM's for security reasons and to contact the security office (it gave a number) or stay on the line to be connected. Well, I just hung up and decided I would call my bank today to see what was going on. I'm SO glad I did! It was a scam, they said they had alot of bank members called and they were trying to get my card number. I just think how sad that people would stoop that low to try and take others hard earned money! I know times are hard right now, but do they realize that the people they are trying to steal from could be struggling just as much as they are! And I'm sure that setting up this little scam took a lot of time and thought--so how about putting that time into FINDING A JOB!!! Go work at McDonalds for pete's sake, not stealing from innocent people! I can't believe people can do things like this and still sleep at night. And finally fourth, Muse is like my favorite band of all time and they have a new album out! I still need to get it, but you can hear my favorite so far--Uprising. It is on my playlist at the end. It is so good!! Oh, and fifth my husband shot an antelope, yay.

No comments: