I have to say that this year has been crazy with hunting, and usually I get really frustrated with the whole institution and turn into the crazy anti-hunting hag, but I promised myself this year I would not let it bug me. I am tired of fighting about it and being angry, so although it has been another crazy hunting season, it really hasn't been that bad. I just now really don't "get" it...why is it fun to wake up @ 3:00 a.m. to go hike all day, come home at 10:00 at night and do the cycle over again for a week? Why is it fun to sleep on the mountain on one of the coldest nights so far with no sleeping bag or tent or anything, why is it fun to cut an animal up and carry it down the mountain? Honey, I love you more than anything, and I love that you love this, but I really think you're crazy!! Here are some of his antelope pics, these are the first antelope he got this year, he is presently in New Mexico getting another one. (another "why"?) I'm sure I will have more cut off head pictures to post as I haven't gotten Scotts Elk pictures and we still have the deer hunt...oh yeah!! **still not letting it bug me :)**
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Hunting...
I have to say that this year has been crazy with hunting, and usually I get really frustrated with the whole institution and turn into the crazy anti-hunting hag, but I promised myself this year I would not let it bug me. I am tired of fighting about it and being angry, so although it has been another crazy hunting season, it really hasn't been that bad. I just now really don't "get" it...why is it fun to wake up @ 3:00 a.m. to go hike all day, come home at 10:00 at night and do the cycle over again for a week? Why is it fun to sleep on the mountain on one of the coldest nights so far with no sleeping bag or tent or anything, why is it fun to cut an animal up and carry it down the mountain? Honey, I love you more than anything, and I love that you love this, but I really think you're crazy!! Here are some of his antelope pics, these are the first antelope he got this year, he is presently in New Mexico getting another one. (another "why"?) I'm sure I will have more cut off head pictures to post as I haven't gotten Scotts Elk pictures and we still have the deer hunt...oh yeah!! **still not letting it bug me :)**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
nice thing about having all boys is when they get older they can all go and you have the house to yourself! That's what I am hoping for :)
I'm right there with ya. Jayson is the same way. I've just learned to bite my tongue and smile.
The pictures with the dead animals has always wierded me out too. Isn't it bad enough to have it hanging on the wall?
So funny, I have so many pictures of me growing up... standing next to a hanging deer or elk or holding the horns. I even have one of me in my dance performance outfit, standing next to one. Glad Shaun is not into hunting...
That is nice, we are impressed, how big was it?
How come I can't see "yeah" and "so excited" on your blog. Am I missing something?
So your an Alice? I thought I would be too, but guess I'm more like vampire mother hen!
I love your playlist. I'm glad I'm not the only Twerd I know (who is still semi-normal).
Are you planning something for the movie release? If not, we should get some girls together to do dinner and go see the midnight show. (No wierd TwilightMoms this time!)
3 out of 6 comments are mine. Sorry, I'm not stalking you, I promise.
I'm for sure intrested in the midnight showing, and making shirts too, I guess.(I really am) That scares me a little. I'm not very domestic, crafty or whatever (and i'm supposed to be an Esme, go figure). Keep me posted on the plans.
Aren't you so proud of Carly for making them a blog? They're so cute!
Post a Comment