I usually don't mind doing laundry, yeah it never ends but I don't mind doing it...until fall, that is when normal laundry turns into hunting laundry. I hate hunting laundry! Dirty smelly clothes that are shoved in a pack for days after hiking all week, covered in stickers and thorns and sweat and animal blood (and spaghetti if you're Dylan). I dread opening the laundry room door when I know the pack has been emptied...the smell...ugh! So when listening to Pres. Monsons talk about enjoying the journey, (which totally felt like he was talking just for me), when he mentioned something about piles of laundry and that one day I would miss it, I couldn't help but think that Pres. Monson or his wife probably haven't done a lot of hunting laundry!Thursday, October 9, 2008
Thankful...Really?
I usually don't mind doing laundry, yeah it never ends but I don't mind doing it...until fall, that is when normal laundry turns into hunting laundry. I hate hunting laundry! Dirty smelly clothes that are shoved in a pack for days after hiking all week, covered in stickers and thorns and sweat and animal blood (and spaghetti if you're Dylan). I dread opening the laundry room door when I know the pack has been emptied...the smell...ugh! So when listening to Pres. Monsons talk about enjoying the journey, (which totally felt like he was talking just for me), when he mentioned something about piles of laundry and that one day I would miss it, I couldn't help but think that Pres. Monson or his wife probably haven't done a lot of hunting laundry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Whit, I don't envy you at all. I let Joe do his own laundry when he has been hunting. You are too nice! haha! =]
Post a Comment